Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a full time “Functional Family Therapy (FFT) Clinician” (LMHC, LMSW or LCSW) located in our Tarrytown, NY office.
SUMMARY of DUTIES:
The Functional Family Therapy (FFT) clinician is responsible for providing FFT services to children and families. Services will be conducted within a mobile unit setting, via modified living room model or in a designated community setting. The goal is to provide behavioral health screening and early intervention services that eliminate barriers to accessing care that COVID-19 exacerbated, such as poverty, unemployment, lack of childcare/closed school, loss of insurance as well as those who need behavioral health services but have historically not engaged in services. Coordinate person-served care with community partners. The individual will be responsible for holding a certification as a Functional Family Therapist clinician. The goal is to address any challenges from a family perspective, help the family develop better coping strategies, and prevent use of emergency rooms and/or hospitalization. The clinician must have the ability to internalize and work within the FFT philosophy and model as well as being able to adapt and individualize program intervention to utilize family strength and skills.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participation in meetings with community agencies and other service providers as needed.
- Provision of direct clinical services which may include, but are not limited to, outreach, assessment and treatment planning, family therapy, crisis counseling and intervention, and community consultation and education.
- Responsible for maintaining clinical records and following guidelines and regulations for documentation of services.
- Coordinate treatment with other community agencies and services.
- Atten internal meetings with FFT team or other clinical team members.
- Participate in program development, training programs and/or meetings as designated by Program supervisor and/or director.
- Follow the established clinic policies and procedures and meet all guidelines set forth by the grant.
- Maintain appropriate professional standards.
- Other designated or related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Principles, practices and methods of community mental health treatment including complexity-capable interviewing, assessment, marriage, family, child, and group counseling and crisis intervention.
- Knowledge of the common challenges associated with mental health conditions.
- Community mental health resources and services and other health, financial, social, recreational cultural, housing and legal advocacy services.
- Understanding the impact of culture on mental health practices.
- Familiarity with and ability to effectively use an Electronic Health Record system.
- Strong Crisis intervention skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- The Functional Family Therapy (FFT) clinician shall be an experienced mental health professional as defined by Part 585 of the OHM regulations.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling with clinical experience in the academic program at an accredited school of social work.
- Must be licensed in New York State, be in good standing and remain in continuous good standing with the state’s licensing board: LMSW, LMHC, or LCSW.
- Must hold certification as functional family therapist or be willing to complete training within the 12-months post hire.
- Bilingual (preferred) in one or more of the following: Spanish, Italian, Haitian, Creole, Greek, French or American Sign Language.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, and the ability to work successfully with a wide range of people.
- Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Basic Computer knowledge and ability to document in an electronic health record is required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
- Must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
- Must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
- Must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
- Must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.